Search Unity

HDRP upgrade total MESS

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by junctionboss, Mar 2, 2020.

1. junctionboss

junctionboss

Using current scene ,my first, installed MicroSplat terrain 'upgrade' if you will,but now seeing HDRP is the new next thing,I tried to upgrade to it,not realizing the giant mess coming,who knew ,not realizing until today there is a HDRP version of , Microsplat.

I see no upgrade coming to 'regular' Microsplat( some update that doesn't 'seem' to address reversing it ) for addressing those of us who are using the 'free' version,not knowing there is one for HDRP.

So, what now, should I back out Microsplat FREE,and if so how ? I see no specifics about that on microsplat free, on store.

I tried to go through HDRP wizard from Window > Render Pipeline > HD Render Pipeline Wizard, hoping for a quick FIX.

On that note, I did that, and got stuck after much FIDDLING, here pls see attached screenshot > , tried several ways and unable to 'choose' material to fix the 'pink' issue;0-

I'd like to fix this sooner rather than later as atm I feel rather the docs on all of this are way off,not to mention horrible grammar, wondering who/what wrote such a mess:

" You also have a button allow you to creates ",its clear the 'intent', but as anyone who speaks with any clarity any given language whether native or otherwise, seeing such wording its a little painful.

Is DocFX what I think, AI ? ( Hence the errors ?...)

thx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  2. junctionboss

junctionboss

It was a tad late when I posted this, so BUMPING;) it's still pink,and I'm far from an expert in Unity especially HDRP, hoping somebody out there IS, and can spare a moment.

3. Mauri

Mauri

The HDRP doesn't understand regular Built-in shaders/materials. You can upgrade those to make them HDRP compatible, but that won't work for custom-made shaders. This is why MicroSplat offers a HDRP module.

The same goes for the LWRP/URP and MicroSplat has a module for these aswell.

4. junctionboss

junctionboss

ty for first part very much,but just a fyi I'm in this pickle because my current financial situation wouldn't allow for such spending on non free store item, and ya I had to pull back on HDRP,,having too many problems with it, I'll wait till its more stable.

5. andybak

andybak

It's nothing to do with stability. Custom shaders will always need to be updated for HDRP and URP. It's a different rendering system.