Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[HDRP] Unlit Shader Draw on Top of Everything (Spaceship demo shader)

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by zeekindustries, Feb 11, 2019.

1. zeekindustries

zeekindustries

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a draw on top everything effect, just like it's seen on the pipes within the VFX Graph spaceship demo.

What I've tried so far is having an Unlit shader with the following configuration, my first guess was trying to have a fresnel rim, on a transparent shader with a really high render queue, but then found out the it will be clipped anyways and starting from queue 3101 the object will stop being rendered.

Below some screenshots of where I am at the moment, would really appreciate any help that points me in the right direction with this. We are working on an scan effect that reveals things on the surrounding area, so this effect is quite important to us.

Thanks a lot!

Xray_shaderGraph_01.PNG

Xray_shaderGraph_02.PNG

Mikael-H and andyRogerKats like this.
  2. andyRogerKats

andyRogerKats

Hey, I am trying to do something similar, did you find a solution yet?

3. andyRogerKats

andyRogerKats

Actually they may have used the "GUI/Text Shader" -it always renders on top.

4. Mikael-H

Mikael-H

Did you solve this with HDRP?

5. zeekindustries

zeekindustries

Sadly, we couldn't really replicate the same effect. In the end what we ended up doing was rendering the objects on a 2nd camera, and then use that result as a mask for a post processing effect that blended on top of the image before the regular PostPro stack in order to keep the bloom.

Mikael-H likes this.
  6. UrbanNuke

UrbanNuke

Still haven't solved? Or any other solutions?