Search Unity

Question [HDRP] Trouble with shader visibility in the game and viewport windows.

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Z_Kir, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Z_Kir

Z_Kir

I see everything in the preview, but nothing in the game window. How to fix it?

I use HDRP.
    In URP everything works.
    My shader. I tried PBR master, standard Lit, and HDRP Lit.

2. Z_Kir

Z_Kir

As I see, my render doesn't perceive an emission map at all.

3. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

In HDRP, base light and sky intensity a quite high compared to URP or Build-in.
    In you case, the emission intensity is just not enough to make it shine, and only the diffuse light is visible.

Z_Kir likes this.
  4. Z_Kir

Z_Kir

Thank you very much! But don't you think that there shouldn't be such "features"?

5. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Can you elaborate ?
    HDRP was build from the ground to have physically accurate rendering and lighting.
    As such, all the default HDRP scenes are using physical light units. Look at the default directional light, and you'll see that the intensity is near 100k lux, which is the real life measure of the sunlight.
    To make the emission of an object be visible in such high light condition, it's expected that it must also have a high emission value, or that you decrease the lighting (like in indoor or night).

Z_Kir likes this.
  6. Z_Kir

Z_Kir

I didn't know such details. I'm still confused between built-in, URP, and HDRP. And I also use your competitors Unreal and CryEngine. This also leaves its mark.