Search Unity

HDRP Trees Grass + WIND??

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Mindtoast451, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Mindtoast451

Mindtoast451

Is there any way to get wind working with trees and grass for terrain? I've gone through a lot of documentation and tried working through some of the Shader Graphs tutorials from book of the dead and the fountainbleau demo and I have not been able to get these shaders to animate with the wind. I have been successful getting other animated vertex shaders working with HDRP. Is there any standard solution to this?

2. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

2021.2 is including this, however, it's still not complete yet and not all available, but there are new shader nodes in the shader graph, including instancing indirect on click and also the upcoming SP8 supported workflows too.

i'd sit tight for that if you're able to upgrade as documentation and everything on these functions are just not fully available yet, unfortunately.

as for prior to this editor version, many rely on The Vegetation engine + Nature renderer or Nature Renderer + Nature Shaders 3rd party combo. and some kind of instancing indirect solution on top for trees. it's not a sure-fire solution in every case, though so it's important to consider the needs of your projects entirely.

3. Mindtoast451

Mindtoast451

Thanks... I'll hang tight for this feature implementation then.

HIBIKI_entertainment likes this.