Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP TerrainLit shader nowhere to be found.

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Pr0x1d, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

When I make terrain in HD RP it still needs material suitable for it. So I looked for any sign of terrain shader coming.

After like 5min found this where it say that HDRP TerrainLit shader is using this texture.
    upload_2018-9-12_19-10-58.png

So I tried to found the material called like this or a bit different but there is nothing there. So if it will just come later on, how can I made custom shader using terrain layers. So Iooked into the shader graph if any new variable layer or something like that was added but there is nothing. Does that mean that there should be way to get this texture from terrain data? If yes could you help me to get it from terrain data so I can make my own terrain shader.

Thanks

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Will be in next HDRP via package manager. You can grab it from github if impatient.

3. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

Ok, thanks, I will just wait, I have a lot to do anyway. I am working on realistic scene with indoor and outdoor enviroment, doing it for the middle schools competition. I was just waiting for 2018.3 caus of new features and faster terrain rendering. Is there any date of a SSR coming? the proxy volumes and stuff doesnt getting the results I would like to have.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape