Search Unity

Bug [HDRP] Terrain Detail grass stops receiving any light or shadow when Light Layer is enabled

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by hkalterkait, Jan 25, 2022.

1. hkalterkait

hkalterkait

Hello,
    Whenever I enable Light Layers the Terrain Detail grass stops receiving any light and shadows, I have double checked that the Terrain and the Directional light have the correct light layers. The only way I know around this is disabling the Light Layers option.

I am using Unity 2021.2.8f1 - HDRP Version 12.3.

Any information regarding this issue will be appreciated.
    I think someone reported this issue but I could not find anything on the Issue Tracker page.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the great work. So far HDRP is amazing and keeps getting better every update!

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @hkalterkait,

Here's an issue that might be related. That case is no longer reproducible on 2022.1 so it might be worth a try upgrading to that version if that is possible. The case is currently marked as won't fix for 2021.2 due to conflicting priorities but that might be re-evaluated in the future.

3. hkalterkait

hkalterkait

Hey @LeonhardP ,

Thank you so much for replying and assisting regarding this issue.
    I would prefer to keep using 2021.2 for now so that I could later on upgrade to the 2021.3 LTS version when it is released. Unfortunately for me Light Layers + Terrain Detail is a must for my project so I might have to upgrade to 2022.1 if its stable.

I understand the conflicting priorities and in-general just wanted to know what are my options regarding this issue. You guys are doing outstanding work.

Thanks again to you and the Unity Team.

LeonhardP likes this.