Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug HDRP template: ESC & clicking outside of viewport doesn't unfocus

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by PutridEx, Jun 24, 2021.

1. PutridEx

PutridEx

this problem is in the HDRP template player controller: when I want to profile a certain view, I'd click outside the viewport or press ESC to unfocus.
    This isn't working in beta 1, so clicking esc or moving the mouse outside and clicking will not unfocus from the viewport.

2. Lex4art

Lex4art

Yep, this little but annoying bug was in last two alphas and now in beta...

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This doesn't seem to be a known issue and we weren't able to reproduce it based on your description here. It would be much appreciated if you could submit a bug report for this with a reproduction project attached and ideally a short video that demonstrates the behaviour.

4. PutridEx

PutridEx

Hey, I actually I forgot to include the case #, I sent one a long time ago and got a reply "by design".

honestly if the player controller was designed that way, it needs changing. Profiling the template is frustrating due to this one thing. I have to do hacky ways of navigating through the unity editor (using alt + tab) without moving the controller, and then disabling the camera mouse movement component to profile a certain frustum view without ruining it/changing what the camera is seeing.

Testing latest beta to see if it's still there, one second..
    edit: Yup still there in latest beta. Repro is in the case report

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    LeonhardP, laurentlavigne and Lex4art like this.
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I've reached out to the team and asked for a comment.

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

PutridEx likes this.