Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP StckLit Master node is not work well: Measured Materials Livrary FabricSuedo turn green

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by iriguchi, Apr 17, 2019.

1. iriguchi

iriguchi

Unity 2019.1.of2 and HDRP 5.13.0
    Measured Materials Livrary FabricSuedo Shader looks green.
    you can see the bottom of balls.
    upload_2019-4-17_16-59-17.png

I create only stucklit shader and transmission option on!!
    I reproduce the green.
    upload_2019-4-17_16-59-46.png
    if the option is off , no problem.
    upload_2019-4-17_17-3-23.png

dog_funtom likes this.
  2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

The green tint is coming from this PR: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/3354

What you see is just small issue, if you use things like Bloom filter, it tints the whole image green :D

They changed the default diffusion profile to bright green to indicate you should change it. Apparently this works fine for new projects but can be really painful to change on existing projects.

From the PR:
    This would be fine it it worked, at least in my projects the HDRP Asset nor Volume overrides did nothing to get rid of the green tint when I tried to override the profiles with new diffusion profile on both mentioned places. On the other hand, I don't see the green tint on new HDRP projects. To fix this on my test project, I had to hack it a bit to get it back to normal.

Maybe @SebLagarde can shed some light over this?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    dog_funtom likes this.
  3. konsic

konsic

4. iriguchi

iriguchi

Hi rizu,

Thank you for your advice.
    The problem is fixed.

and I got whole image green in another project...
    again fixed too.

upload_2019-4-17_19-9-10.png

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    rz_0lento likes this.
  5. id0

id0

I have all screen green too when the bloom is on, though I create new diffusion profile, but nothing changed.

6. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, the bug about the bloom propagating the green color over all the screen have been identified and a PR to fix this is currently in progres here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/3406.
    Another workaround for this bug is to disable the material classification in the HDRP asset.

If you still see some green on your materials, it means that your diffusion profiles was not set correctly, please refer to this doc for how to setup diffusion profiles: https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...efinition/Documentation~/Diffusion-Profile.md (it does not include the whole green thing but will be updated shortly)

rz_0lento and id0 like this.
  7. kilik128

kilik128

i'am not sure what's happen here but it's green for me

dog_funtom and conceptfac like this.
  8. jospec5star

jospec5star

I had this problem also and I was able to fix it in a few somewhat easy steps.

1. Add new diffusion profile by right clicking in an assets folder and selecting Create-Rendering-Diffusion Profile

2. Open the newly created diffusion profile and edit it to your liking or leave it alone for now.

3. Find your HdPipeline Asset or create one by right clicking in an assets folder and selecting Create-Rendering-High Definition Render Pipeline Asset

4. Make sure this is your active asset by clicking on Edit-Project Settings and selecting the correct hdrp asset under "Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings" (or just drag it into the box)

5. Open up the HD pipeline asset you are using by clicking on it in the assets window (the one mentioned in steps 3 & 4) and find the tab labeled "Material". Add a new diffusion profile by dragging in the profile you made in step 1

6. To attach the diffusion profile to the vfx graph, open up the effect you are having issues with. Click on the Lit Quad Output node and make sure you can see the inspector in the regular Unity editor. You should see a list with Lighting (in bold) being at or near the top. Under the Lighting section is a box called Diffusion Profile Asset and here is where you can drag the created Diffusion Profile into your graph.

Anything you create with that diffusion profile attached should now show up without the green tint but with whatever tint/changes you made in the diffusion profile in step 2.

Also if you have placed any of these vfx objects into the hierarchy you will have to replace them with the newly edited vfx graphs. Sounds like there may be a workaround but I don't know about that.

dog_funtom, mr_b and TaikiKasai like this.
  9. psomgeorg

psomgeorg

i did just that and got rid of the green, however i have another issue which i had with green as well. When i change camera the smoke particle change drastically breaking the illusion and looking fake
    upload_2019-7-21_19-43-20.png
    upload_2019-7-21_19-43-30.png

10. jospec5star

jospec5star

It looks like you set the flipbook to follow the camera so I don't think that is the problem. I would just make a copy and mess with the settings in either the vfx or the diffusion profile. Maybe try it with a low powered spot light near it to get a better idea of how the diffusion profile is affecting it.

11. conceptfac

conceptfac

I did it and fixed, but when I close and re-open the unity the issue returns even with previous modificantions