Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Shadows pixelated

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by abaky, Sep 14, 2018.

1. abaky

abaky

Created a new 3d project with extras using 2018.3. Once editor loads I get no skybox and all the shadows seem pixelated. I also cant replace skybox material in lighting tab or find the skybox material that is applied by default. HD render pipeline is updated to 3.3.0. I had the same issues with 2018.2. LWRP works with no problems.

Attached Files:

2. abaky

abaky

After closing and reopening the scene, light rebakes and is applied correctly, but skybox is still missing. Is that normal?

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi abaky,
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue and reply in here with the issue ID?

4. abaky

abaky

Case 1081108
    I hope this is the right number

LeonhardP likes this.
  5. Adam_Starcaster

Adam_Starcaster

This problem is because you need to upgrade your HDRP. It most likely is not at the current version. This error happens in the previous release.

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. abaky

abaky

Downloaded the latest version and made sure HD render pipeline was updated, it only happens when the project is created, when reopened the shadows are fine, lighting is fine, but the skybox material is still locked and I cannot change it.

7. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

The skybox material needs to be changed via "Volume". They are overridable and blendable like fog settings now.

upload_2018-9-14_22-39-18.png

abaky likes this.
  8. abaky

abaky

ok that works, thank you. is this behavior gonna be only for hdrp or will this be changed for lwrp as well?