Search Unity

Bug HDRP shadergraph fullscreen Sample - Custom Night Sky bug

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by PutridEx, Jul 15, 2022.

1. PutridEx

PutridEx

I love the night sky example, and the entire sample. This features adds a lot to shadergraph

One issue in the night sky:

The moon texture and directional light aren't aligned correctly, ticking the parameters in c# script "link directional to custom night sky" didn't work for me.

I also can't do it manually, as changing the directional light also moves the cube map, so you can't align it.
    because of this it looks a bit off, especially when the light intensity is high enough to notice shadows

I think it should reproduce normally, just download the sample and test the night sky. If not, I can upload my scene

version:2022.2.a18
    bug report #: IN-10410

upload_2022-7-15_23-52-35.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  2. alixmic

alixmic

Unity Technologies

Hi, I checked this and it is working fine on our side, was your issue fixed since ? Otherwise, is it only the moon texture that isn't following ? It is rendered as part of the cubemap, so it was maybe something happening in the shader. Did you modify it ?

3. PutridEx

PutridEx

I just checked it out on 2022.2.10b and it seems to be working. The issue was reported on a18, I don't have that version anymore so I'm not sure.

Back then I did no modifications though, so maybe it was fixed between versions, or the issue is hard to reproduce. This time it was a fresh project just to test out the custom sky.

4. alixmic

alixmic

Unity Technologies

I tested it on the version you mentionned and it was fine, but yeah it was on a fresh project as well. Anyway, notice us if you encounter the issue again.