Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Shadergraph Fabric documentation or demonstrations?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Joshua_strawchildgames, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Joshua_strawchildgames

Joshua_strawchildgames

Hey folks, I've been experimenting with the Fabric shader with shader graphs with HDRP, but I can't seem to get something looking remotely fabric. The options they provide seem straight forward but I can't get the effect of fabric. So I'm obviously missing some information on how best to do this, but I can't find any documentation for Fabrics in Shader Graph, or any demonstrations.

Would any of you guys happen know any resources that would help me in this learning endeavor?

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

For Fabric, you need to set values for the normal map, specular color, as well as smoothness and this should give you a good result.

Result
    upload_2018-12-14_11-43-41.png

Quick and dirty shader setup
    upload_2018-12-14_11-45-18.png

GANGSTA27, irenya, osss and 3 others like this.
  3. whoisgliese

whoisgliese

What's the difference between the fabric shader and a regular hdrp shader with a fabric texture as an albedo map?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  4. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

The Fabric Shader has special built-in functions to make your material look more like fabric and reacts to lights differently than the lit shader. Cotton, Silk are the two built-in ones that will basically cover all types of fabric in terms of look. It can also use a specialized reflection probe for better quality.

Same with the eye shader, and decal shader. They are just more tailored towards their intended use than a generic Lit Shader if you are going for quality/realism. You could just use the lit shader on everything to save on shader variants and performance (or try to fake things a bit) with a lower quality look.

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

This is pretty old thread but for what it's worth, there are samples now shipped with the HDRP package.

Just open Package Manager and navigate to HDRP package, there should be Material Samples listed there.

RoughSpaghetti3211 likes this.
  6. SharpC

SharpC

NO fabric example in that package

7. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Fabric examples are in the Shader Graph Samples. This sample pack is listed as second entry on HDRP 7.3.1 package samples at least.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020