Search Unity

HDRP Shadergraph Custom Terrain Shader layers

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by morpheus101, Oct 16, 2021.

1. morpheus101

morpheus101

Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom terrain shader in the shadergraph (12.0.0) for the Unity standard terrain using various resources I found online but have hit a bit of a brick wall. I can get the first four textures of the Unity Terrain by using Reference "_Control0" in a sample texture 2d and split the output but am struggling trying to get the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th texture.
    After looking in the "TerrainLit_Splatmap.hlsl", I thought it would simply be using the Reference "_Control1" with my logic being that as stated in the above:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #ifdef _TERRAIN_8_LAYERS
    2.     DECLARE_TERRAIN_LAYER_TEXS(4);
    3.     DECLARE_TERRAIN_LAYER_TEXS(5);
    4.     DECLARE_TERRAIN_LAYER_TEXS(6);
    5.     DECLARE_TERRAIN_LAYER_TEXS(7);
    6.     TEXTURE2D(_Control1);
    7. #endif
    I have tried adding _TERRAIN_8_LAYERS to the scripting define symbols but this made no difference.

Any pointers gladly received and thanks in advance.

2. Marou1

Marou1

I have the same issue. I cannot access the 4 last layers. Did you find out how to do it?

3. adamgryu

adamgryu

Cross-posting from another thread:

For those wondering, I couldn't access _Control1 until the tag "SplatCount = 8" was added to my shader (inside Shader > SubShader > Tags). If you want to add that to your shader graph shader, you'll need to modify the generated source.​