Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Shader Graph - generate shader code from Graph - ArgumentNullException

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by sstrong, Aug 2, 2018.

1. sstrong

sstrong

In ShaderGraph 3.0.0 (HDRP 3.0.0) and U2018.2.0f2, when I right-click Unit Master node and select "Generate Code" I get the following error:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source
    System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[Char] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.Drawing.MaterialNodeView.SanitizeName (System.String name) (at C:/Users/stephen.SCSM/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.shadergraph@3.0.0-preview/Editor/Drawing/Views/MaterialNodeView.cs:261)
    UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.Drawing.MaterialNodeView.ShowGeneratedCode () (at C:/Users/stephen.SCSM/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.shadergraph@3.0.0-preview/Editor/Drawing/Views/MaterialNodeView.cs:268)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. VOTRUBEC

VOTRUBEC

Did you ever get an answer for this? I've got the same issue in LW-SRP as well. It seems not so much whether it's LW or HD, but the Shader Graph itself..

3. Desoxi

Desoxi

Same here. Could you solve it?

4. sstrong

sstrong

Right-click, select Copy Shader and paste into a text editor.

Desoxi likes this.
  5. Kink3d

Kink3d

Hi,

We have fixes for this in PR that we are currently trying to get into the main branch. Until then please follow @sstrong 's advice and use "Copy Shader" to copy the full shader to clipboard.

Thanks for your patience.

Deleted User likes this.