Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Second Camera Overrides Post Processing

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Cinder, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cinder

Cinder

I have a main camera for rendering the scene and a second camera for rendering objects close to the FPS controller.

For the 2018.2 post processing it seems like I have to have post processing on the second camera otherwise no post processing will be applied to either camera even if my main camera has a post processing component on it.

This isn't much of an issue, because most image effects still work fine, however for Depth of Field since my secondary camera only renders a few specific things close to the player, it doesn't apply DoF to anything in the scene.

Is there any way around needing to have a post-processing component on my secondary camera? I can't get any post processing to work without the second camera controlling the settings.

I understand it's because the second camera is rendering on top of the first camera, but on previous Unity versions it wasn't an issue and I could even have different post-processing applied to each of these cameras and it would composite them together accurately.

Thanks for any help given.
    Brandon

2. Ehredt

Ehredt