Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

(HDRP) Screen Space Reflections glitches

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by r8zbeh, Jun 25, 2019.

1. r8zbeh

r8zbeh

im using unity 2018.3.0f2 deferred rendering mode and with SSR active in volume setting i get such result:

ssr glitch.png

it glitches somehow while im moving or staying
    and its not just about ceiling or lighting parts, even the specular objects on the floor do the same
    i changed all post-processing settings ,volume settings and anti-aliasing modes but nothing solved it

issue gets better by increasing the max number of rays ,but reflections are not quiet soft yet.and also performance decreases sharply which i think its againts the logic of SSR existance.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. OLGV

OLGV

same here 2020.1, anyone knows anything about this?

3. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Personally, I only get usable results with a sample rate of 128 rays which consumes a lot of performance. And if surfaces are too shiny and surroundings are too noticeable, you're better with reflection probes.

1. Hardware raytraced reflections. (But range is capped to 50m maximum, does not work for long range mirrors :( and GI is missing )
    2. Baked reflection probes.
    3. SSR (when surfaces are not too mirror like, so ok for subile reflections and distorted views).
    (4. Formerly custom mirror shader, but forget about seconds camera and realtime probes in HDRP ...) But may about to fresh a probe only once when something is about to change, like lighting switches off.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  4. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Bordeaux_Fox, FYI the upper range (Max Length) of ray traced effects (including ray traced reflections) have been removed in the latest HDRP package (10.2.0)