Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug HDRP, Scene is not visible with Fog in preview window

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Bordeaux_Fox, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Hello,

I encountered a bug with the lastest Beta version and HDRP.
    My scene uses volumetric fog and PBR sky.
    When I toggle the Fog in the Scene preview window, my whole scene disappears and I only get a grey background. Also in the console the following messages appear:

Error: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (Line 342 in "\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1.6\Runtime\Lighting\VolumetricLighting\VolumetricLighting.cs"

// Double-buffer. I assume the cost of copying is negligible (don't want to use the frame index).
    hdCamera.vBufferParams[1] = hdCamera.vBufferParams[0];

Warning: XRSystem.ReleaseFrame() was not called!

While this seems to have no negative impact when running the build, it is pretty annoying to work with that in the editor. Despite the fact I can no longer make light adjustments without a Fog preview to compare.

Edit: Same bug found by another user: https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-7-1-6-updatevolumetriclightingpercameradata-error.790013/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  2. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, while we are working on a fix, you can find an easy workaround for this here

LeonhardP likes this.