Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP - RenderWithShader

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by hd5ai, Dec 5, 2018.

1. hd5ai

hd5ai

Is it expected that this doesn't function at the moment? I've seen mention of
    overrideMaterial
    in various xxRenderList calls but I can't see it actually being driven by anything beyond
    RenderForwardError

Is there either a way to make it work, an ETA for it or a decent workaround? Hooking customRender?

At the moment I'm doing something fairly gross that caches and replaces the materials[] on isolated objects, calls Render() and then sets them back.

What I'm actually after in terms of functionality is to be able to render an object (isolated using layers) with all surfaces contributing to depth - ie. just render the transparent surfaces as if they were opaque. I thought this is something the Transparent Depth Postpass might achieve but I can't seem to get that doing anything either.

2. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, RenderWithShader don't work with HDRP.
    Currently we have no replacement. No ETA either.

DepthPostPass and Prepass required to use Alpha threshold (configure in lit shader inspector). They are mainly target Hair rendering currently but would be extent in the future.

3. wlad_s

wlad_s

Hi, is there any update on RenderWithShader in HDRP?