Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP project with Particles System default material not working

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Ubernt, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ubernt

Ubernt

We have a project where we want to use normal Particles System which has default shader set as Particles/Standard Unlit. I'm following a tutorial of creating particles but cannot proceed as the particles are in purple boxes.
    Does HDRP works with Particle Systems where Standard Unlit is in use? Or do I need to setup something first? It does work in a empty project where HDRP is not chosen. I'm using Unity 2019.20f1 and High Definition RP is 6.9.1
    upload_2019-8-15_22-18-58.png

2. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

For HDRP you should use HDRP shaders.

3. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

4. Korindian

Korindian

Aren't there HDRP Shader Graph Particle Shaders now listed under the "Samples" section of HDRP in the Package Manager? For HDRP 6.x versions I believe.

5. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Yep, just checked the Package Manager and they are there. They are the same as the link I posted just available in the Package Manager now. Thanks for the heads up, I saw the files got accepted on the HDRP Github Repo a few days ago didn't know they would be available so fast.

@Ubernt I recommend just getting them from the Package manager instead of the link I posted above since that's less work to get them in the project.

Korindian likes this.