Search Unity

Bug HDRP ProBuilder Black Screen on Probuilderize

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Homicide, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Homicide

Homicide

Repeatable, 2021.3.5f HDRP. Any time pro builderizing an object, screen goes solid black, have to reload scene to see anything, but that doesnt even really work usually, the only actual way to see anything after this , is to turn off post process under toggle sky box etc button...

Then, see below...

Strangely, i have set no post process on my camera, its completely disabled.

EDIT: @Moderators.

If this is not the correct category for posting / repoting such bugs with ProBuilder, please don't just delete, and instead, redirect this post please. I have several ongoing issues i could go on about ProBuilder, but the last post i made about said topic disappeared "deleted".

Strangely, all of these issues can be corrected with two steps. First, selecting all polys, and flipping normals two times, so they are back to their original state. And then, exporting object and reimporting it as a non probuilder object. The issue though, overall, is that with every object turned to 'probuilderized' state, and the sceneView turning completely black... well, this makes ProBuilder an absolutely useless tool, in comparison to other choices, for prototyping much of anything. It does however install nice neat and fast, and is accessible without need of the asset store. Hence my first go to choice.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022