Search Unity

[HDRP Pipeline] Rendering a Materials as Skybox

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by jolanbar, Mar 8, 2020.

1. jolanbar

jolanbar

Hi Everyone,

I'm quite new to the whole HDRP Process with Unity and here is what I would like to achieve :

I have the AVProVideo Asset that is a media player able to render a video texture to a materials. It is design to only render to a materials or a mesh. I know how to get the rendered texture from code also.

My goal is to display a 360 Video as a skybox using the HDRP Pipeline. My video being a latitude-longitude map. The thing is that the Volume setting of the HDRP Pipeline only take a Cubemap as input for the skybox.
    So from what I understand Iv'e two option from here :
    - Creating a custom rendering pipeline for the skybox as described here. But that seems well beyond my capacity.
    - Creating a legacy CubeMap whose texture is linked to my MediaPlayer render texture. Thing is, when I create a legacy Cubemap I can't set the mapping type, it is by definition a 6 cube map where as my texture is a latitute-longitude mapping.

Is there any other solution I don't see ?
    Would it be very hard to create the custom rendering sky pipeline ? Iv'e looked at the proposed code and don't even know where to start...

Thanks for your help !