Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP only work with Nvidia. Prove me wrong please.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Saggingcube, Dec 9, 2020.

?

HDRP USING AMD GPU

1. YES

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. NO

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Saggingcube

Saggingcube

As the title states... Has anyone had any luck with using HDRP in linux on amd gpus? I get constant crashes on either "on play" or "exit play". Tried a variety of distros, and mesa versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sfjohansson

sfjohansson

Thanks for asking this, considering getting an 6800 XT to replace my ageing nvidia 1070. It would have been quiet a face punch down the line.... =O

3. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

I'm having the same issue with my system using an AMD GPU. For me, Unity tends to crash if a scene view or game view tab is visible in the editor, whenever starting/stopping play mode and sometimes when importing assets. For now, I do most of my playtesting on an actual build, and use the scripts-only build option whenever I'm only testing code. There is a bug report about this issue on the Unity issue tracker.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  4. Saggingcube

Saggingcube

This has just been an issue for far too long. I think the last "stable" version of HDRP was 2018.2. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I know there is some fragmentation when it comes to HDRP and the Linux side of things, but its starting to get really discouraging.