Search Unity

HDRP not working

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Deleted User, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am using unity 2019.2.10 and hdrp's bloom effect doesn't seem to work i have checked is global in volume but nothing happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2019
  2. Olmi

Olmi

You need following things:

(0. HD PipelineAsset created and added to project settings.)
    1. Scene Settings object
    2. Volume
    3. Profile settings assigned in the Profile of the Volume (use new button if you don't have it yet.)
    4. Add the bloom Override.

(You can add the volume to another object too, doesn't have to be Scene Settings.)

Don't confuse the "old" Post-processing stack with the in-built post-post processing in HDRP (and also LWRP), in case you have it installed if you imported an older project.

bloom_settings.PNG

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have added the volume to an empty game object and called it Post Processing and I have done 1, 2, 3 and 4, but when i add a Render Pipeline Asset everything turns dark and i still doesn't show any effect.

Attached Files:

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I got it to work (i forgot to check "is global") but it is still dark. Do i need to create a new sky box.

5. Olmi

Olmi

No, you shouldn't need to create skybox; HDRP has that Visual Environment Override.If you check inside it, there you see the sky and fog type you currently have active. And those sky/fog need their own overrides. There's default Procedural Sky and Exponential Fog in that Scene Settings.

So, if you are missing that visual environment, create it, then add correct overrides for your fog and sky type. Of course if you set one of them to "None" you don't need an override to adjust the settings.

I can't think of any other good ideas off the top of my head what might be wrong.

Deleted User likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you so much for the help. It works now.

Olmi likes this.
  7. Olmi

Olmi

Click that like maybe?

Deleted User likes this.