Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP & Multiple Cameras

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by CortiWins, May 20, 2019.

1. CortiWins

CortiWins

So what's the state of art now when it comes to using a gun-camera in an FPS with HDRP?
    • Stacking cams doesn't work anymore.
    • Does a solution exist?

Zipe92, Incar_Jack and Jack31081988 like this.
  2. iamarugin

iamarugin

In hdrp 4.10 you can write PP effect for this. In the 5.+ we can't do even that, because PPv3 is not extensible and PPv2 doesn't work, so I see no solution right now.

3. Korindian

Korindian

Was just about to create a thread on this too.

In some threads, people have mentioned workarounds to camera stacking/multiple cameras, but those workarounds have their own set of problems.

LWRP is getting its own workflow for camera stacking, but how about HDRP?

How can we get different post processing with UI vs game world?

4. CortiWins

CortiWins

So people doing FPS with HDRP have now all their weapons clipping into walls and thinking "oh maybe unity will fix it some day?" There has to be a way. How does the Unity FPS Sample do it?

5. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

FOV change in shader for the hands and weapons

CortiWins likes this.
  6. CortiWins

CortiWins

Thanks for the answer! I guess i'm not experienced enough to understand what that means and how to replicate it. Does a guide exist for that? Didn't find anything on youtube.

7. thelebaron

thelebaron

in the fps project that unity has on github there is a shadergraph for the first person weapon models that changes the fov. its worth checking out as it pretty much negates the need for a second camera solution(for weapons at least).

8. Korindian

Korindian

The FPS example seems great for overlaying something in front of the view, but what about for far away objects?

For example, planets and other distant objects in space. This is trivial with camera-stacking and sort order, but how would you accomplish this in HDRP? Objects with huge scale at extreme distances means extremely far clip plane and problems associated with that. Doing it via render textures causes a lot of other problems as well.

Is there or will there be a method of handling this elegantly in HDRP?

9. Korindian

Korindian

Can any Unity HDRP dev give a suggestion of how to accomplish the above? Thanks.

10. jRocket

jRocket

Use a skybox

11. Korindian

Korindian

Thanks. The background objects are loaded individually and dynamically based on certain things, and some of them move slightly, so I can't put them in a skybox.

Anyway, for now I'm able to use a really large far clip plane. This causes problems with shadow flickering, but it's something I can try to minimize by messing with the near clip plane.

12. meikellp

meikellp

13. Ultroman

Ultroman

14. iamarugin

iamarugin

It is working if you are not using fog on any of them (and maybe with some additional restrictions). But is really expensive.

15. Tornadoally

Tornadoally

Anyone have an answer, I just need something working, I don't care if there are 2 cameras or whatnot. I find making it really small and in front of the camera to be weird, seems like there would be a lot of issues (With what I'm making, because I have special interactions involving the location/size) . :D

16. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

If you are using HDRP 9.0.0 and Unity 2020.1 or later then you can use the Compositor
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...h-definition@10.0/manual/Compositor-Main.html

17. Tornadoally

Tornadoally