Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP models turns screen black

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Censureret, Aug 9, 2019.

1. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Hey,
    Reporting NaN flickers from details being painted to terrain to Max (Visual Design Cafe) is a good place to start.
    With a repro or test scene that he can look into of course!

Generally, it's probably how Nature Renderer Handles floating points over screen space or how the culling cells handle. but the error itself is hard to replicate.

If you do happen to have Nature renderer installed and get rapid flashing and are absolutely sure it's nothing else causing it.
    That is likely the cause.

we had it once and tried replicating it with various methods like high density, non-closed meshes, various un optimised meshes, and non-NR supported shaders, but it's a tough one to solve in that respect.

so I'd just try to backstep your actions and report it if it does occur, best advice i can think of.

NaNs aren't specific to just that though and there can be many causes so investigate thoroughly first.
    You can also trigger NaN if you have incompleted terrain layer data, ie deleted layer that doesn't revert to the normal white shader look ( it'll be a black area) EDIT: ( the post above shows this exact error )

HDRP specifically has a NaN viewer debug mode too for that instance, which greyscales the scene and shows NaNs in red.

Ruchir likes this.
  2. unity_AkGames

unity_AkGames

I have the same problem in unity 2022.1.ob6.2664 with HDRP. The problem disappears after disabling the Bloom.

3. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

Confirmed this bug in Unity2022.1.b6 HDRP13.1.5

To anyone who encountered this bug :

You can avoid this bug by
    turning on "TAA" in your camera or
    turning on "Stop NaNs" in your camera or
    turning off "Bloom" effect in volume.

4. fax58

fax58

Had the same problem only with some assets in an asset pack I recently bought. In my case was the Diffusion Profile.
    So try to find which material is giving you problems on a specific GameObject, and in the GO inspector enlarge the material properties.
    Under Exposed Properties you will find Diffusion Profile. In my case I had a warning and I just clicked it and solved the problem automatically for all the other GO with the same Diffusion Profile.