Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

[hdrp] Memory Leak In 2019.2.0a9 (and 0a11)

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Vaspra, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Vaspra

Vaspra

Since upgrading to 2019.2 alpha, I have had some errors occurring and a bunch of garbage collection warnings repeatedly.

Errors:

Recursive rendering is not supported in SRP (are you calling Camera.Render from within a render pipeline?).

Assertion failed on expression: '!GetPersistentManager().IsStreamLoaded(metaDataPath)'

Asset import did not unload metadata path. This will leak memory. File a bug with repro steps please. (Assets/Prefabs/Parts/Hands/Cannons/Gauss Cannon.prefab)

GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.

Assertion failed on expression: 'device.IsInsideFrame()'

Warnings (many, repeatedly, even with nothing in scene):

GarbageCollector disposing of ComputeBuffer allocated in C:\Unity\Host 3D - 2019.2 alpha\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.6.1-preview\Runtime\Lighting\LightLoop\LightLoop.cs at line 846. Please use ComputeBuffer.Release() or .Dispose() to manually release the buffer.
    UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer:Finalize()

GarbageCollector disposing of ComputeBuffer allocated in C:\Unity\Host 3D - 2019.2 alpha\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.6.1-preview\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipeline.cs at line 366. Please use ComputeBuffer.Release() or .Dispose() to manually release the buffer.

GarbageCollector disposing of ComputeBuffer allocated in C:\Unity\Host 3D - 2019.2 alpha\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.6.1-preview\Runtime\Lighting\VolumetricLighting\VolumetricLighting.cs at line 251. Please use ComputeBuffer.Release() or .Dispose() to manually release the buffer.

GarbageCollector disposing of ComputeBuffer allocated in C:\Unity\Host 3D - 2019.2 alpha\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.6.1-preview\Runtime\Lighting\Shadow\HDShadowManager.cs at line 219. Please use ComputeBuffer.Release() or .Dispose() to manually release the buffer.

I don't know if the erroneous metadatapath prefabs (often containing new VFX effects) are connected to the hdrp garbage collector issues.

I'm sure I have missed out something useful for helping to get to the bottom of this so please suggest anything I can do to help debug this!

My project is becoming unworkable at the moment, the play/stop functions take 10x longer than usual, and this gets progressively worse over each session.

Thanks in advance!

[Packages]
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "registry": "https://staging-packages.unity.com",
    3.   "dependencies": {
    4.     "com.unity.2d.sprite": "1.0.0",
    5.     "com.unity.2d.tilemap": "1.0.0",
    6.     "com.unity.ads": "2.3.1",
    7.     "com.unity.analytics": "3.3.2",
    8.     "com.unity.collab-proxy": "1.2.16",
    9.     "com.unity.package-manager-ui": "2.2.0",
    10.     "com.unity.probuilder": "4.0.4",
    11.     "com.unity.purchasing": "2.0.6",
    12.     "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "6.6.1-preview",
    13.     "com.unity.textmeshpro": "2.0.0",
    14.     "com.unity.timeline": "1.0.0",
    15.     "com.unity.visualeffectgraph": "6.6.1-preview",
    16.     "com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers": "2.0.2",
    17.     "com.unity.modules.ai": "1.0.0",
    18.     "com.unity.modules.androidjni": "1.0.0",
    19.     "com.unity.modules.animation": "1.0.0",
    20.     "com.unity.modules.assetbundle": "1.0.0",
    21.     "com.unity.modules.audio": "1.0.0",
    22.     "com.unity.modules.cloth": "1.0.0",
    23.     "com.unity.modules.director": "1.0.0",
    24.     "com.unity.modules.imageconversion": "1.0.0",
    25.     "com.unity.modules.imgui": "1.0.0",
    26.     "com.unity.modules.jsonserialize": "1.0.0",
    27.     "com.unity.modules.particlesystem": "1.0.0",
    28.     "com.unity.modules.physics": "1.0.0",
    29.     "com.unity.modules.physics2d": "1.0.0",
    30.     "com.unity.modules.screencapture": "1.0.0",
    31.     "com.unity.modules.terrain": "1.0.0",
    32.     "com.unity.modules.terrainphysics": "1.0.0",
    33.     "com.unity.modules.tilemap": "1.0.0",
    34.     "com.unity.modules.ui": "1.0.0",
    35.     "com.unity.modules.uielements": "1.0.0",
    36.     "com.unity.modules.umbra": "1.0.0",
    37.     "com.unity.modules.unityanalytics": "1.0.0",
    38.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest": "1.0.0",
    39.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle": "1.0.0",
    40.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio": "1.0.0",
    41.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture": "1.0.0",
    42.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww": "1.0.0",
    43.     "com.unity.modules.vehicles": "1.0.0",
    44.     "com.unity.modules.video": "1.0.0",
    45.     "com.unity.modules.vr": "1.0.0",
    46.     "com.unity.modules.wind": "1.0.0",
    47.     "com.unity.modules.xr": "1.0.0"
    48.   }
    49. }

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Vaspra,
    Could you please submit a bug report for this issue with a minimal reproduction project attached and reply in here with the issue ID?

3. id0

id0

I have same errors. Some random prefabs (old and new) write errors like:

Asset import did not unload metadata path. This will leak memory. File a bug with repro steps please. (Assets/_Project/Resources/Prefabs/Effects/Bonfire.prefab)

Started with hdrp 6.6 and 2019.2.09, eat lot of memory in some scenes - 8 , 12 gb ram and then just crash.

4. Vaspra

Vaspra

I'm sorry, I've been trying to whittle down the factors that cause this but it seems to occur sometimes, and sometimes not, with hugely variability. I can't create a simple project/scene that causes the error reliably.

The only common thing I can find with the prefabs that exhibit this error is their VFX effects. Aside from this, they're just .fbx models with no texture, a simple "Metal" custom HDRP material, and some small behaviour Mono's.

upload_2019-4-15_2-51-1.png