Search Unity

HDRP Marschner Hair model

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Ruchir, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Ruchir

Ruchir

upload_2021-9-21_18-43-50.png
    Are there any samples available?(I know it's available through shader graph but are there any sample materials available to see this hair is all it's glory :p)

soleron, Kirsche, Ali-Nagori and 4 others like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. Onigiri

Onigiri

It's just a shader, don't expect a full spline based hair support it's not done yet

4. Ruchir

Ruchir

It's available in latest HDRP at least (Through hair master stack in shader graph). I don't have any sample geometry to test this on or even know how each of the shader parameters work right now, so, I was wondering if any samples were availble (It look really good in the screenshot above tbh :D)

5. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

FIA character work i think
    upload_2021-9-22_22-7-50.png
    Specularity kinda hard to control imo

EDIT
    Speaking about the header image on that board. it seems it is a strand based hair not a mesh based hair. . . (open the image in new tab to see in full res )

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  6. Ruchir

Ruchir

Yeah that's why I was asking for samples :)

7. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

hmm i haven't checked on github, but is the strand based hair renderer are available already?

8. merpheus

merpheus

there is a package they are working on called com.unity.hair afaik, but it is not publicly accessible.

9. Ali-Nagori

Ali-Nagori

omg marchner hair shader , this shader does wonders with the lighting

im so hyped for unity 2021.2 + [HDRP 12] just like i was for unity 5.6

please keep us more updated with screen shots , and how optimized it will be at run time

Attached Files:

Deleted User likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Any update, yet?

Deleted User likes this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User

I found an interesting video about this specific topic showing the whole process, but it's Epic Games cooperating with Weta Digital to make hair & fur tools for Unreal Engine .. (makes me wonder about the continuity of their hair & fur development being hindered by Unity as they bought Weta) .. Here's the video:

It's such a very interesting topic. I wonder when is Unity gonna make com.unity.hair public, even for a preview/experimental .. can't wait for it :D

12. Onigiri

Onigiri

They will be showing on GDC new demo with next-gen characters using Ziva facial rig and strand based hair. I'm expecting soon after that they will give us updated digital human package tools and shaders and probably even hair package(or at least give us rough estimated release date)

Deleted User and Ruchir like this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Screenshot 2022-06-23 072515.png

Source

The deadline is 1, July, 2022.

<<< Will Unity miss it? >>>

14. Qleenie

Qleenie

They already missed it, as somewhere else it was mentioned 1-2 month, this was announced on March 21st. We are now at 3 month. It’s totally ok to postpone releases, but not communicating about this is a bad habit, especially if you have paying customers.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Aaaaannnndddd ..... Unity missed it ..

I'm been waiting eagerly Everyday for this feature to drop .. then? *Silence*

I have lost respect for Unity delivering features in Time.

16. Qleenie

Qleenie

Was “announced “ after asking in the enemies thread that we get “more information” in “a couple of weeks”, whatever this means. Does not sound that it’s around the corner. Probably another few months without proper hair solution inside Unity. The other digital human features won’t come until late this year.

17. Gokcan

Gokcan

18. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Never seen a shoe with hair before. Takes all kinds I guess.

19. jjejj87

jjejj87

Now I can't unsee it...damn you! :)

timmehhhhhhh and hippocoder like this.