Search Unity

HDRP/Lit Materials only completely white with newest update

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Digot, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Digot

Digot

Hello!

My Materials with the HDRP/Lit shader just render white color when it previously worked with the previous version of unity. Also creating new Materials doesn't help.

2. hertz-rat

hertz-rat

... I found my things are gray, not white; however, only if they are in shadow/facing away from the directional light, and especially if the hdri sky is enabled. If its fully lit, the colors work great.

3. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

for some reason, directional light is 10,000 lux by default. try turning it down to 2.

dakiplays and jibrangillani11 like this.
  4. galaxymaxx

galaxymaxx

Ok, it is because of the light. I put the light to 60000 lumen and I see the color finally

5. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, It is certainly because of the default value of exposure in the project (guess it is 11 in the template). You need to tweak exposure for your need.

Glurth likes this.
  6. Glurth

Glurth

It was indeed the default exposure for the project, for me. Took me a while to find it; It is at

Edit->ProjectSettings->HDRP Default Settings->Exposure.

It WAS set to "automatic" so I changed it to "Fixed" and set a value for "fixed exposed"- didn't test out the other options, but this got stuff displaying properly. here's a pic of the settings page upload_2020-8-2_10-0-22.png

Attached Files:

7. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Note that you can override the default settings by creating an exposure volume in your scene. Default settings apply to whole project.

albertrosa likes this.
  8. iDerp69

iDerp69

I ran into this exact problem. Interestingly, I only had a white screen in my build, but not within the Unity editor. This resolved my issue, so thank you!