Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP + Light with culling mask not possible?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by sanmn19, May 26, 2018.

1. sanmn19

sanmn19

There is no culling mask for any type of lights In high definition render pipeline. I raised a bug and they mentioned that it's intended behavior.

How would one go about having different set of lights for character and environment?

Why is this intentionally left out? So, what's the work around for this? Is this feature that is ever going to be included?

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    pojoih likes this.
  2. sanmn19

sanmn19

Bump. This should be a major issue. I'm wondering how others are able to get around this limitation.

pojoih likes this.
  3. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    This is not supported in HDRP currently and there is no workaround. The new lighting architecture (tile/cluster light list) of HDRP make it more difficult to implement within our targeted performance (for deferred). We will develop a solution in the future (that have a cost). But no ETA for it currently.

4. sanmn19

sanmn19

Thanks for the reply. I really hope people in unity can figure out a cost effective way to implement it. If someone figures out a hacky solution to this, please post it here.