Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Layered Lit and vertex paint - HELP!

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by transporter_gate_studios, Jun 28, 2020.

1. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

I have an HDRP in which i am trying to paint vertex colors onto a terrain mesh I made in blender and it is simply not working... does polybrush not support HDRP or 2019.3.10f1? that unity documentation says simply create a layered lit shared with 4 layers and paint the textures with vertex color.

"To set the texture up using the HDRenderPipeline layered shader, you need to create a layered shader with 4 layers and apply it to the ground objects. You can then paint the ground objects using the vertex color. Vertex colors are different because layers are organised differently."

i love it tells you how to paint vertex color on the object... in an external program?? or using polybrush??

I assume polybrush is not working because it keeps adding scripts zoom overrride scripts to my mesh that i cannot remove...

Id like to use something else but.... IDK how to people do this? how do people do vertex blending inside unity. how the hell would i do it in blender, i can have prefabs in blender?? so icant design my level in blender,,, can i??

I just am so confused and there is not a lot of answers and everything I try is broken... I cant use unity terrain because i can havev caves and custom mesh shapes for my terrain... and anyway im about to have a panic attack so im done writing this...

unityunity