Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP "Kernel 'KSampleCopy4_1_x_8'" occasional black screen issue in standalone builds

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Team6Developers, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Team6Developers

Team6Developers

Hello,

We are having a problem very similar to one previously posted here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/kernel-ksamplecopy4_1_x_8-not-found-under-unity-2018-3.597463/

We're using Unity 2018.3.3f1 with HDRP 4.9.0.

The problem is that we keep having this "Kernel 'KSampleCopy4_1_x_8'" errors popping up in our standalone builds for our several target platforms (PS4, XboxOne, Switch), and nothing except the UI is being rendered in the scene.

The difference from the previously linked post is that it doesn't only happen upon update for us, but instead, it may or may not happen during/after the build process. For instance once the current build is finished, and works, the very next one, without any changes made to it may end up having the this problem in it.

Re-importing packages does indeed help, but since we're working with multiple platforms, we want to be able to use automated build tools such as TeamCity, and that's where it becomes a real problem for us.

We weren't sure if developers are fully aware of this issue, or if there's a fix for it scheduled sometime in the future, thus we decided to make a separate post about it here.

JonForshaw and hd5ai like this.
  2. ScottPeal

ScottPeal

I have the same issue. If I use a brand new 2018.3.6 Unity with the HDRP Preview template this issue happens. Reimport doesn't fix it for me. Also tried upgrading a standard 3D Unity 2018.3.6 to HDRP with the same issue. HDRP version is 4.10.0-Preview.