Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP - Issue with Dynamic and Static Ambient Lighting Modes

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Grimreaper358, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Dynamic mode sometimes breaks (you get no ambient lighting) so you have to switch to static lighting to have any Ambient lighting. Sometimes when you switch back to Static after Dynamic breaks the Ambient Lighting, it doesn't update until you restart the editor.

Also not sure if this is related but in some scenes, the Physically Based sky casts really deep blue shadows and some scenes have decent looking shadows. Not sure whats breaking it scene by scene but that's an issue I found. Not sure if it's related to the scene asset since it happens with the scenes I create and not the default sample scene. Also, this happens in basically every project I create/test it in.

Both scenes are using the same settings for Post Processing (different volumes)
    - Exposure (Automatic, Average, Min 5.5, Max 7)

Both have baked lightmaps Except the cubes with the grid texture - Baked Indirect (also same settings)
    - Directional Light (Temperature 6500, Intensity 1000)
    - Ambient mode (Static can't trust Dynamic yet)
    - Lighting Mode (Baked Indirect)
    - Lightmapper (GPU)

Both using the Physically based sky (same settings)
    - Ground Tint (HSV - 0, 0, 67)
    - Exposure - (1)
    Settings changed to have the sky looking somewhat decent (Looking to talk about this soon)

Sample Scene (Shadows look alright)
    upload_2020-2-9_19-53-20.png

Scene I created (Shadows are deep blue but only from the top down shadows from other angles are fine)
    upload_2020-2-9_20-0-41.png

The same scene (shadows at a different angle aren't deep blue)
    upload_2020-2-9_20-3-40.png

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Can a moderator please move this post to the HDRP Forum, seems it will fit better there.

3. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358