Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved HDRP Internally changed the storage of Cube Cookie...

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by andyz, Jan 14, 2021.

1. andyz

andyz

This warning keeps appearing & seems like a bug since you can not set the cookie atlas size, just per cookie it seems. Anyway it seems to be about baked reflection - I do not do any baking, all real time.
    Project upgraded to 2020.2.1 from 2020.1
    Code (CSharp):
    2. HDRP Internally changed the storage of Cube Cookie to use Octahedral Projection inside the 2D Cookie Atlas. It is recommended that you increase the size of the 2D Cookie Atlas if your cookies no longer fit.
    3. UnityEditor.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDBakedReflectionSystem:Initialize () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@10.2.2/Editor/Lighting/Reflection/HDBakedReflectionSystem.cs:42)
    Edit: explained in upgrade notes but it's an odd one and can we not have auto up-sizing on atlases?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  2. AznableMiao

AznableMiao

same here

3. Liderangel

Liderangel

Anyone know how to get rid of the notification? Because I increased the Cookie resolution from 512 to 1024 and it's still there (and we don't even use cookies).

4. amisner2k

amisner2k

I too keep seeing this message in the Console. I'm using HDRP package in Unity 2020.3.8f1. Is this just a temporary message that will be removed in future releases? Would be nice to get a quick clarification from a Unity Dev or someone else with the equivalent arcane knowledge if possible.

Edit: I always get 2 identical messages in my Console and only after editing a script and the editor recompiles.

The full message is:
    HDRP Internally changed the storage of Cube Cookie to use Octahedral Projection inside the 2D Cookie Atlas. It is recommended that you increase the size of the 2D Cookie Atlas if your cookies no longer fit.
    UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset:OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@10.5.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipelineAsset.Migration.cs:146)

Last edited: May 15, 2021