Search Unity

HDRP + Indirect Lighting vs Me...

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by darkAbacus247, Apr 10, 2020.

1. darkAbacus247

darkAbacus247

Hey everyone, it's been a really long while :)

I'll try to keep this short and to the point, I know we're all busy...
    Attached you'll find an image of my current issue.

Please disregard the obviously poor design as this is still a very rough layout.

SHORT VERSION:
    How do I implement real time day & night cycle with proper lighting effects?

LONG VERSION:

Issue:
    - Shadow side of objects washed out / display no texture detail

Scene setup:
    - A house model
    - some placeholder trees & rocks
    - 1 directional light, realtime, set to rotate 360* slowly via simple rotation script

Unity Setup:
    - 2019.3.9f1
    - HDRP 7.3.1

Things Noticed:
    - Only seems to occur when directional light is rotated during runtime.
    - Issue not observed when directional light is rotated prior to starting scene

Just a helpful note before everyone gets mad I'm posting this, yes I tried researching first...for days in-fact. I just need someone smarter than myself to barney style this for me cause I'm clearly not picking up what's being laid down. Perhaps I'm searching for the wrong things...IDK, any direction at this point would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. darkAbacus247

darkAbacus247

UPDATE:
    I seem to have circumvented the issue by adding a timed delay to the rotation of the directional light script. I'd prefer not to do this as it seems a bit of a hack? But...perhaps not? I dunno...

- attached is the new result

Can anyone tell me why adding a delay is providing better results? And...how else can this be achieved? Since adding the delay my game day no longer matches up with the desired amount of time as it's now slightly longer due to the delay. I can probably work that out somewhere but before jumping into that was hoping someone could correct me?

Before Change:
    - 24 game hours = 1 real life hour

After Change:
    - 24 game hours = 1.3+ real life hours

Attached Files:

3. darkAbacus247

darkAbacus247