Search Unity

HDRP - How to have the same Material/Shadow colors on MonoBehaviour and Entities

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by ArthyShow, May 9, 2020.

1. ArthyShow

ArthyShow

Hi Everyone.

I'm trying to do a very complex task on Unity: Render a white cube on a white plane (a real one, with no an ugly gray or pushing emission to max to have an white heaven effect.

I started with UDR but I found that UDR isn't compatible with and ECS and Ambiance color (yeah !)

So I restated my project on HDR and play for hours on Light Settings (spread everywhere on the project), to get a good mix between "white" and contrast (depending to face light exposure)..

This is the best I can do, It's not even white (but more around 200/255) to have a minimum of contract between faces.

Settings: (Left image)
    • From original HDR Example
    • Directional Light - Emission Filter (128,128,128,255) / Temperature 6750 | Intensity 10000
    • PostProcessing - WhiteBalance -Temperature 0 / Tint 0
    • PostProcessing - Default HDRI Sky - Exposure 10
    • HDR - Ambiant Occlusion - Intensity 0.5 / Radius 1.5
    • HDR - Tonemapping - ACES
    • HDR - Bloom - Intensity 0.2
    • Player - Color Space: Linear
    Unique Material:
    • HDRP/Lit
    • Base Map: (255,255,255,255)
    • Metalic: 0
    • Smoothness: 0

Still don't know from where I got this awful blue tint on shadow or right Image (when I put the Emisison to (0,0,0,255) on Directional Light..) Level of Gray, or even black okay.. but blue ?

upload_2020-5-9_12-45-47.png

--- Now the fun part ---

I used this tutorial (github code) in order to spawn MonoBehaviour prefab (the same cube with the same material). Note that I got the same result by creating the cube entity manually.

And voila... 2 completely different cube again, and the entity is not even close to white.
    upload_2020-5-9_12-53-9.png

What did I miss... ??
    Please help, it's been a week...

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Gryflir likes this.
  2. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

The blue color is coming from the sky that's in the environment texture/ambient probe. If you're not precomputing the lighting, you may want to ask in the HDRP subforum about specifics for that render pipeline.