Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Grass/Water Shader

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Benmaster, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Benmaster

Benmaster

Im trying to find for some grass shader that allow me to use in HDRP with some movement and "toon" effect, but all shaders I catch are really bad performance or dont have movement/wind/collision detection, I search in the Asset store and appear all the assets in a low price range ( -10€) are not compatible with HDRP, all i found for legacy and URP, im looking for some advices of good assets for grass shaders with good performance for HDRP.

if have "cartoon" or "low poly" aspect, or I can swith the grass image without issues, better!

Thanks!

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

Grab this on the asset store: HDRP_TreesAndFoliage, wind, water, and etc.

3. adamb70

adamb70

There is an unmerged branch on the HDRP Github with an experimental water shader. You might be able to make use of that. There was an open pull request for it but unfortunately when the SRP repository migrated it was lost. I took a screenshot of the PR before it was deleted though, so if anyone can contact jpg-unity maybe he would like to use it to recreate the PR with his reviews because I would love to see this merged at some point. https://imgur.com/a/w9L59Mx

Raul_T, id0 and valarnur like this.
  4. valarnur

valarnur

Does it say which SRP version is that water shader?

5. adamb70

adamb70

That experimental water shader is for HDRP. If you want a URP alternative the Boat Attack demo has a very nice water shader.

6. Benmaster

Benmaster

Thanks guys i take a look!

7. BATTLEKOT

BATTLEKOT

8. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

I think you need some custom passes and fiddling with the SRP to get a good look. I also tried a water shader with Shader Graph, but you know it's limited. I think you would need the amount of work they did for the water rendering in the Unity BoatAttack demo. They have a lot of additional custom shaders with some own code for the SRP.

So either you have a very good understanding of shaders and Unity's SRP or you simply buy a good water asset.

9. unknownsk

unknownsk

can we render this in hdrp? because when i use it there its not rendering