Search Unity

Question HDRP GI

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Homicide, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Homicide

Homicide

Hey there guys, another greenhorn question for the HDRP crew.

Is it me, or is there no Baked GI in HDRP , unless you use SSGI? I have baked, rebaked, reset configs, over and over and no matter what i am doing, stuff dont seem to work out well.

I have a track, all outdoors environment, but there is grand stands with people etc... these are sheltered outdoor stands, they also have their own lights because lets face it, sometimes outside light isnt all that bright, However, at no point EVER being outside in my life, have i stood in a fully lit day , and not seen colors under shadow, Not once ever... It is not real.

Yet when i bake, all the stand lights are completely unseen, and to top if all off , there no GI anywhere going on, just mass dark under the arches of the grand stands.

So i have toyed with Indirect light controller and other stuff, and found ways to work with it, but i cant help feel that HDRP is really missing a few marks big time, or at least, my understanding of it sure it.

So, i add SSGI, and set up everything , and low and behold , it looks (close enough) like it should. But , what happened to baked GI, why is there no boucned light at all , ever ... notta? It seems the only GI i get is using the real time GI. I think this cant be right, if it is, please do tell, if it isnt, any tips are welcome for what i should look for / check , etc.

A general screenshot with no SSGI added... and lots of lights around. Even the sun light itself , does not seem to throw any GI around... its absurd O,o

https://ibb.co/5rYH6mY

Ty.

2. Jack_Martison

Jack_Martison

Hey, try check all your prefabs so it contributes to GI, sun values should be physically accurate (default settings)
    You can always increase Indirect lighting by adding component uder HDRP post proccessing

3. impheris

impheris

well i can see some indirect lighting in your screenshot, so there is a GI baked. Check you exposure values, make sure your objects are static, also, check lightmap resolution, try with a resolution higher that 35, make sure all your objects have UVs for the lightmap, you can create those UVs in the importer menu (but i do not recommended) try with that and see if your lightmaps get improved.
    You do not need SSGI for lightmaps, in fact i recommend you to turn that off (in your global settings) if you don't need it