Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP For VR

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Nigey, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Nigey

Nigey

2. vladibo

vladibo

3. foster_991

foster_991

i have configured hdrp to work with vr. Its working on single pass. It doesnt work 'out of the box' (without doing anything) but it does support it, you need some configuration steps. The steps are a bit complicated I guess so Unity is probably right to wait till they push an update with the steps pre-done and its more 'out of the box' you dont have to configure anything. I did a demo in hdrp in vr

Robmymhealth, LogicalOrder and Nigey like this.
  4. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

Nigey likes this.
  5. Nigey

Nigey

Sounds tempting, but I'm running on a cross NewtonVR VRTS framework, so I need SteamVR (for now). I will be upgrading as soon as it's a little more solid though

6. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Tulsisvt likes this.
  7. C06

C06

Eagerly awaiting this as I suspect many are. Thanks for the info.

8. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

Yep, SSR and translucency works so much better without VR

9. hugokostic

hugokostic

Unity 2019.2, HDRP VR is awesome, had test it a lot this weekend. I made the mistake to make it run in Multi-Pass (I read that Single pass Instanced should be used this morning), but even with that it was stable enough in editor/build!
    I was getting Volumetric Working so nicely, (disable high quality but keep reprojection activate and calculation in Async) and here we are!
    Shadowing is awesome too.
    Ambiante occlusion was weird because unprecise(maybe shall i get it out from Async compute) but was working by the way

So Between old vanilla-deferred and HDRP both running in multi-pass, the performance are likely the same for a good quality target. But the quality up in HDRP is so great!

I'll try others feature later, that i didn't get working here: like SSR, planar reflection etc and then i'll open a Git repo to showcase how much HDRP is cool for VR

Big up HDRP team.

Shizola and elbows like this.
  10. elbows

elbows

Yeah, I havent tried VR since 2019.2 & associated HDRP version were finalised, but even earlier in the betas of those versions, things were starting to look very promising. So I am very pleased but not surprised that you've had a lovely experience with it.

Three cheers to the HDRP team, they have made 2018 and 2019 exciting years for me. I'm sure its been hard work and sometimes a thankless task, so I make sure to say thanks to them!

11. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

This could be the HD shaders. check to see if you can disable SSR, translucency etc and enable GPU instancing?

12. AllVirtual

AllVirtual

Hello,
    I am currently testing HDRP6.9.1 in VR with Unity 2019.2.0f1 on a fairly heavy project running properly with the default Unity pipeline.
    In HDRP, the number of triangles and batches doubles, which makes the FPS drop significantly.
    I use SinglePass rendering mode with SSR disabled. No lighting in real time, only pre computed.
    Does anyone have the same problem?

13. AllVirtual

AllVirtual

Yes I tried all these options but it didn't fix the problem.
    I'm also starting to think that it comes from HD shaders.

14. fabien-unity

fabien-unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for cheers ! Always appreciated :)

I'd encourage anyone with issues about VR and HDRP to log tickets. This will help us track the problems with repro steps.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    elbows likes this.
  15. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

Hi everyone,
    So does HDRP 6.9.1 now support volumetrics in VR?
    Because I tried it and I don't think its working.

16. liujialin_art

liujialin_art

HDRP7.1.7 噪点依旧很多,现在还不支持多GPU支持吗?

17. AnthonyJackson81

AnthonyJackson81

Okay.

Am I missing something with hdrp and vr.

I'm using 2019.3 as its stable.

I'm using hdrp 7.1.1 and I cant seem to get any useful performance out of it.

Without any game objects added to the scene I can get about 100-110 using the build in stats.

If I add my pretty basic building with no materials it drops to for 45 maybe 50.... definitely not 90.

18. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies