Search Unity

Games HDRP for rendering car showroom

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Taran3D, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Taran3D

Taran3D

hi

I have been playing around with the HD Render Pipeline to render cars in realtime and getting some great results. this runs at 60fps on my 1080 card. I was wondering if anyone had any advice, tips or tricks in hdrp to improve the quality or enhance the visuals.

I'm finding it hard to control the hdri - does anyone know if i can use the hdri for general lighting and reflections but hide it in the game view, similar to what is possible in vray?

owlhowell and JamesArndt like this.
  2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

If I'm not mistaken you simply go to your scene camera and instead of having the Skybox set under "Clear Flags", just set it to "Solid Color".

3. Korindian

Korindian

Have you tried the section from this page called "Decoupling Visual Environment from lighting"?

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but you can have a different skybox just for lighting vs the visual one in the scene. You can even use the same skybox twice so that you can control the environment lighting intensity separate from the visuals.

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Your camera "view" (and what you have applied to it) is the biggest thing for visuals, wether you use "main camera" or etc. doesnt matter. What ever you use as your "main" view/camera does matter, tailor it your taste, and as @JamesArndt said, you can set it to solid color, and also set the color of said view..