Search Unity

Question HDRP Fog and Shadergraph

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by LizardBrain451, Jun 7, 2019.

1. LizardBrain451

LizardBrain451

I am trying to get HDRP volumetric fog and shadergraph to work at the same time. The following hopefully illustrates the issue that I am encountering.

upload_2019-6-7_12-29-7.png
    The plane underneath the light renders correctly with a default material, that has transparency turned on (switched from opaque), but the shadergraph equivalent does not render correctly and seems to have no settings that would make this work.

I was wondering if it was possible to locate the shader used to make the volumetric fog for HDRP, so that it could be adjusted tweaked, because as is it makes the volumetric lights unusable.

I remember something about an @ImageEffectOpaque line that needed to be added to global fog from years ago and was hoping to locate a similar albeit HDRP-ish solution.

Has anyone gotten Shadergraph to work with volumetric fog?

2. Takamba

Takamba

Hi

I am using version 2019.1.6f1 and for me this works.

Did you checked the volumetric light settings in the HDRP asset? HDRP_ShaderGraph_Transparency.JPG HDRP_Settings_01.JPG

3. LizardBrain451

LizardBrain451

Takamba,

Thanks for the information. I upgraded to unity 2019 as a test and was able to confirm that this works in 2019. Unity 2018 doesn't have the receive fog property on the LitMaster shader (there is no LitMaster shader, only a PBRMaster with far fewer available options). My guess is that it doesn't exist in 2018.

Thanks again!

upload_2019-6-15_9-50-13.png

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape