Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP + Enlighten

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by ghare_reification, May 3, 2021.

1. ghare_reification

ghare_reification

I am trying to figure out how to use use Enlighten with the HDRP in Unity 2021.2.0a15. My goal is to have ray traced reflections on transparent objects as well as baked real time global illumination.

Let me begin by asking: can anyone direct me to an example project where this works? Or, is there a tutorial explaining the correct configuration? (I don't know whether my problems are the result of an incorrect configuration or a bug in the alpha release.)

My test scene is simple: a long tube constructed using 4 static cube primitives. The default realtime directional light enters at an angle, so most of the interior illumination comes from global illumination.

In Unity2019 I would use Enlighten to bake the scene, and would then see that moving the directional light, or changing its intensity updates the lighting of all walls in the tube. Also, in the editor's scene view, the indirect illumination is show as being updated.

In Unity2021.2 I tried to do the same thing. The results initially looked correct, but the indirect illumination does not update.
    - If I clear the bake and use ray traced global illumination I can achieve a partial grainy illumination that looks does update correctly.
    - If I disable ray tracing, the screen space global illumination does something subtle, but the tube interior remains mostly unilluminated.

@Unity: please allow "Enlighten" to be a tag.

Attached Files:

Ruchir likes this.
  2. ghare_reification

ghare_reification

Thank you to the kind moderator who stopped by to edit a fogbugz link.
    => How can I safely share a link to a fogbugz report?
    => How can I mark this post as a "bug" report?

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @Reification_GHare,
    The link that you get in the confirmation email after submitting a report is for your own personal use. It allows you to view the conversation history between you and QA for the case and also a list of all your previous reports and their communication history.

Non functional example: https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1836814_hgklt6n79s7

The first seven digits after the '?' in the link are the issue ID followed by "_"and a hash that functions as the access token to your personal case view, as described above. Removing the access token still allows users with access to FogBugz (certain Unity employees), to open the case but prevents unauthorized users from doing the same. So that would be how you can secure your link but it won't be useful to anyone who doesn't have access to FogBugz.

It's convenient for us if you include a link (that has the access token removed from it) in your bug related threads but the issue ID itself is enough.

If your case gets verified as a bug by QA, it will get processed and then appear on our public issue tracker. QA will then send you a confirmation email that the case was successfully reproduced and share a link to the case's issue tracker page.

If the fake example from above was converted, it would look like this: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1836814/

That link is useable by everyone and if you want to start a conversation about a bug after it has been acknowledged by QA, it's good practice to include this in your post.

You can assign a prefix to your thread when you create it (left side of the title field) or you can edit it after the fact via the thread tools:
    2021-05-20_13-57-29.png

PutridEx likes this.