Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP + DXR alway crash

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by Newaxekub, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Newaxekub

Newaxekub

I tried to use HDRP + DXR but it always crashed.
    I bought an RTX 2070 Super for use Ray Tracing, but I can't.
    Sometimes there are UI flashing issues.

I am using version 2019.4.7f1 - 2020.1.0f1 - 2020.1.2f1 found the same problem

Attached Files:

2. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, It's hard to investigate anything without much information.

Does it happens randomly, or does a specific thing triggers crash every time ? If it is the latter, do you have a specific repro project for us to look at ?
    Does the crashes happens only with raytracing effects enabled ?

Can you post the logs of the crashes (theses can be found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Unity\Editor\Crashes)

3. Blender3000

Blender3000

Hello guys,

I have the same problem. Every time I create a new Project HDRP+DXR (Unity 2020), Unity crash after I restart the Editor. The hole editor start to flicker with random windows after that it crashed. I had this problem on my old Pc and my new Pc. :confused:

Unfortunately I dont have any crash reports files in my AppData Folder of Unity. :(

Attached Files:

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You can usually see trace of the crash in your editor.log. Look at the end of the log in:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log

Besides this, make sure you are running a supported Windows 10 platform update (DXR doesn't work properly on older Win10 updates) and same with recent enough nvidia drivers.

5. Blender3000

Blender3000

6. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, your WeTransfer link expired.
    Can you re-upload your log file as a zip using "upload a file" in the forum ?