Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question [HDRP + DOTS] OnPerformCulling instancied 8 times

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by BliIgnus, Apr 10, 2020.

1. BliIgnus

BliIgnus

Hello !

I'm pretty new to HDRP and I'm toying arround with it. I pluged it on a simple project using DOTS, and my framerate droped, due to BatchRendererGroup.InvokeOnPerformCulling() and the associated OnPerformCulling being instancied 8 times each frame, for a total of ~7.5ms.

This happens in a second player loop, outside of the player loop in charge of handling systems and jobs. I found that disabling most of my ComponentSystems prevents it to happen, but I can't find why. I suspected this has something to do with systems that are updating translations (it would make sense for culling), but I only doing it in two places, not 8, and commenting those lines do not seems to do much an effect...

Did somebody already stumble on this ? Or do anyone have a clue of what's going on here and how I can improve it ?

Thanks !

Edit: spelling
    PS: sorry about poor english, I'm not a native speaker. Please let me know if I need to rephrase my question.

Attached Files:

2. BliIgnus

BliIgnus

Ok I figured it out, it was dead simple really...

I had a point light updating it's shadow map every frame. I removed this setting and the multiple culling instances get away. Nothing to do with DOTS in fact.