Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

HDRP Custom graphical settings - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Piez0, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Piez0

Piez0

Hi, I am currently setting up the graphical settings for HDRP project. So far I've created HDRPAssets for the settings presets (Low, Medium, High etc.). Swapping these presets at runtime depending on the one selected by the player in the UI works fine. However I was wondering, whether it is possible to modify the values of specific parameters within the HDRPAsset - such as e.g. MSAA filtering.

The approach I wanted to take was to create another HDRPAsset for Custom settings, and expose the settings in the Graphical Settings UI. E.g. expose a Shadows control with Low/Medium/High/Ultra options, and then copy the specific values of all of the parameters controlling Shadows from the corresponding preset (shadows set to low in the custom control - copy the whole Shadows block from the Low preset into the Custom preset, that is currently active).

However, it seems that this is impossible to achieve, as only the getter is exposed on the API, resulting in the following compilation error:

upload_2020-6-17_14-40-40.png

Am I approaching this wrong or are the custom user graphical settings a no-no in the HDRP project? In that thread:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/can...ineasset-values-be-changed-at-runtime.654829/
    it seems, that in some earlier version the setter was exposed, as it seems to have been working. Was it hidden for a reason?