Search Unity

Question HDRP crash with texture memory leak in Editor?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Lynxed, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Lynxed

Lynxed

This only happens in Play mode. I have a problem where if i have at least 2 viewports visible, texture memory is filled with an insane amount of textures, which leads to a crash (obviously). This includes material preview window in the inspector. So i can't tweak stuff while playing and having an inspector with selected material.
    Having Scene and Game views visible at the same time results in the same thing.

I have custom post processing, but i turned it all off, and it still happens.

Unity version is 2019.3.7f1

upload_2020-3-31_22-1-0.png

upload_2020-3-31_22-5-31.png

Any 1 viewport is okay and does not lead to a leak. Am i doing something wrong?

2. Lynxed

Lynxed

3. OliverVSmith

OliverVSmith

I've been experiencing that bug you mentioned for sometime now. We managed to minimise it a fair bit, but it re-occured.

We have since updated to 2019.3.7f1, and HDRP 7.3.1 and so far we haven't encountered it again. Our Render Textures, VRAM and memory usage seems reasonable now.

May be worth attempting and upgrade to it?

4. Lynxed

Lynxed

Thanks! I'll look at it. I tend to use only Package Manager versions of HDRP, and right now it's 7.1.8 for me.
    The workaround i use is to temporary disable any gradual (every update) changes to lighting and turn them on only after i have only one (game) window visible.

5. OliverVSmith

OliverVSmith

Just in case you don't know, you can view the "preview" packages in Package Manager by clicking on "Advanced" and "Show preview packages". Then under HDRP you may have to open click on "See All Versions"

6. Lynxed

Lynxed

Thanks! I'll try that.

7. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

These issues are still not fixed, Enabling render textures causes memory to rise faster which leads to crash.

8. comomomo

comomomo

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020