Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP causes NullReferenceException and potential memory leak

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Alan47, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Alan47

Alan47

Hi,

I've got a Unity 2018.3.10f1 project with HDRP 4.10.0-preview on Windows 10 and DX11. I've got a few unit tests (play mode tests) set up as well. They don't do anything to the scene, they just test some simple C# functions.

When I start the tests from the Unity editor, I get a bunch of errors and warnings. Here's the list:

The first two are errors, the last one is a warning. And this warning occurs 7 times in total. I'm using neither render textures nor reflection probes in my scene or test scene, it's completely empty, I'm just using the tests to check my C# code logic.

None of that seems to happen when I enter play mode regularly (i.e. not running the tests).

The real issue here is that the Unity Editor starts hogging memory when this occurs. I've had Unity Editor processes consuming more than 10GB of RAM, on a scene that contains nothing more than a camera. Also, the editor becomes extremely laggy, in particular when checking for script changes and compiling them. Restarting the editor temporarily fixes the issue, until RAM is filled again.

PaulOllivier likes this.
  2. SharpC

SharpC

same problem when I test in play mode using HDRP.

3. MrZeker

MrZeker

DId you happen to find a solution to this? it's happening to me right now, and nobody is giving me any kind of answer.