Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[HDRP] Can't get non global volume to work, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by JacketPotatoeFan, Feb 7, 2019.

1. JacketPotatoeFan

JacketPotatoeFan

Hello,

So I have a volume with "Is Global" checked. This volume works fine. I have indirect lighting, and a few other things on it.

I have another volume that is not global which has linear fog on it and a couple of other things. This object that the volume is on has a box collider marked as "Is Trigger".

What I am expecting to happen, is when I move my character into the volume, is that its components would take effect. But they don't.

If I set it to "Is Global" and turn the other one off, then it works. So it's definitely doing something, just not to the volume when it is not global.

Any ideas?

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/wiki/Volumes

2. id0

id0

You need add same layer on Volumes which camera using in "volume layer mask" settings. And better remove all other layers from this settings if you not using it for this. And camera object must(?) better be in the same layer. I'm using layer named "Post" for example. You can also add higher priority in volume.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019