Search Unity

HDRP broken on latest 2019.3 beta due to missing meta files

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by andybak, Nov 4, 2019.

1. andybak

andybak

HDRP 7.1.2 and 2019.3.0b9

SerializedScalableSetting.cs and ScalableSettingLevelParameterEditor.cs have missing meta

Confirmed on two machines.

Wasted most of my afternoon. /moan

BATTLEKOT likes this.
  2. andybak

andybak

Anyone got any ideas for a workaround? I can't find a 2019.3.0b8 to try rolling back to.

I guess I could try a newer HDRP from Github - or rolling the project back to 2019.2?

3. Olmi

Olmi

andybak likes this.
  4. Noogy

Noogy

Same error, I couldn't get it working myself, just reverted to 0b6.

5. Blinkq

Blinkq

Opened package folder, removed "read only" from folder RenderPipline. Added .meta from github. Fixed

6. andybak

andybak

Any chance of an of
    That's odd. The project I have the problem on doesn't have PP installed. Are you sure you didn't change anything else at the same time?

7. llamah

llamah

Same issue here!
    I tried with the 2020 unity version and same.

Mid last week I setted up a project with the HDPR 7.1.2 and everything was ok, but when I tried to install and import my project on a new computer this week end I got all those errors.

It makes me think the issue is coming from the HDPR 7.1.2 or 7.1.1 more than the unity version, but unsure.

8. konsic

konsic

It is known issue. Wait for beta10 and 7.1.3.

9. andybak

andybak

Any idea where you saw that? I'd like to read the official response if there is one.

10. konsic

konsic

https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2019.3.0b9

• HDRP: When installing or upgrading to package version 7.1.2 type or namespace 'SerializedScalableSetting' can not be found (1194975, 1195014)

11. andybak

andybak

Thanks. Here's the bug: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ce-serializedscalablesetting-can-not-be-found

Anyone else think this was a bit big to allow through as a known issue? If they want people to use and test beta versions then surely "breaking HDRP for an entire release" should have been a blocker?

Even for non-production products this was a big time waster for me and now I'm much more reluctant to test beta versions.

12. konsic

konsic

But you can win valuable rewards while testing beta like GTX 2080t.
    If you're using PLM, that is very handy.

13. Dreamback

Dreamback

No need to revert to older betas or anything, and they didn't break HDRP for the entire release. Just don't update to HDRP 7.1.2. HDRP 7.1.1 does not have the problem.

14. andybak

andybak

HDRP 7.1.1 broke something else for me so I couldn't take that route. I can't remember exactly what now and I'm certainly not going to revert. This project takes nearly an hour to import fresh (deleting Library is neccesary to switch Unity or HDRP versions without problems) and experimenting as to what combination of Unity and HDRP actually works is what wasted half a day.

So we shouldn't make light of this. I know "it's a beta blah blah" but this one shouldn't have made it out of the door and shouldn't have taken this long to resolve.

15. Olmi

Olmi

@andybak I've been using Unity 2019.3.0b8 and HDRP 7.1.2. Haven't had much trouble but I've been just writing a few post effects and also used VFX Graph. Only errors I've got so far have been some vague VFX Graph UI (?) related errors in debug log printouts, but other than that, no warnings or red debug log stuff or any Package Manager related issues. I did have initially trouble with Cinemachine as I accidentally installed 2.3.4 (if I remember correctly) when there was that preview.4 2.4.0 available which was required. Nowhere was it mentioned that it's incompatible, but it was.