Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP Black spots flickering throughout?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Firedan1176, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Firedan1176

Firedan1176

I'm new to HDRP, and I've run into a weird graphics problem and wondering what the source may be. When panning around the scene, there are black flickering spots, prominently on the edges of transparent materials, but also on opaque surfaces. Here's a video I took:

With a Volume that has Depth of Field, the effect is more prominent, but the black specks are still seen as individual pixels when the volume is disabled. I am using forward rendering, and I even created a new project with HDRP as the preset and had my assets reimported.

If there's more info I can provide that would help narrow the issue, I will provide. I've tried using deferred rendering, but the effect is still present and I would prefer to use forward with a single directional light.

Thanks

Edit: I wrote a quick editor script to recalculate normals on all meshes in the scene, as suggested by one forum post. Issue is still present.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. onehundredfeet

onehundredfeet

Have you had any luck? I have this as well. I'm on a Mac with an eGPU.

3. philc_uk

philc_uk

Any luck? Unity 2019.4 with post processing and DOF causes this...

4. Yanus3D

Yanus3D

Firedan1176 that issue is since I remember (at least when I started using DXR 2 years back)
    No idea where from but here is what I got so far:
    - going to HDRP setup and select (It helps sometimes switch ON or OFF)
    img_001.jpeg
    - Sometimes big value of Normal Map provoke this error (for example from Nodes when I override value 1.0), sometimes even from standard HDRP/Lit surface , some Normal Map make this error when bump is on max value.