Search Unity

"HDRP asset not assigned" when it clearly is

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by InfinityGameDev, Jul 11, 2021.

1. InfinityGameDev

InfinityGameDev

I upgraded my project to HDRP and am having a lot of weird issues. When I try to update all shaders to HDRP nothing happens. When I do it manually there is no 'lit" shader but there are other like lit tessellation. I keep getting errors that say no graphic asset has been assigned but it's clearly there in the project settings. And in the wizard when I hit "fix all" or just "fix" nothing happens there either. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
    James

2. InfinityGameDev

InfinityGameDev

I reinstalled HDRP but it's still being weird. I'm getting the lit shader now, but it still says
    "Editing HDRP materials only supported when an HDRP asset assigned"
    I've found nothing online on how to fix this. I'm using Unity 2020.3.6. I really don't want to start the project over again from scratch.

3. Ruchir

Ruchir

You should share some screenshots in my opinion so it's easier to understand what's the problem

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Make sure your quality settings don't have old URP assets assigned to them (you can override the graphics settings SRP asset on each Quality tier).

Krooq and Noisecrime like this.
  5. InfinityGameDev

InfinityGameDev

Ah thank you that was it!!

6. Krooq

Krooq

Unity devs it would be worth adding this note about the quality settings to the tooltip!

MegaHoneyCodes likes this.
  7. willhelmet

willhelmet

I've encountered the same problem, how do you do this?

Thanks!

8. warrenLD

warrenLD

Bump, having this problem in Unity 2021and made sure the HDRP asset was assigned in quality settings

9. ShaheenTechnologies

ShaheenTechnologies

Hello guys i am facing same issue in 2023 , please help me , i have assigned asset in quality settings and graphics both but nothing is happening kindly help

10. gyroscoping

gyroscoping

I have the same problem. In freshly created new project as 3D (HDRP), new materials can not be edit while HDRP asset already assigned.

Same error at 2023.1.7 and 2023.1.15

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  11. Kmoo420

Kmoo420

Getting the same issue in 2022.3.7f1, 2022.3.12f1, 2022.3.13f1. Still no Fix?

victorgladys likes this.