Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[HDRP] Anybody share his basic sample of hair to test with HDRP?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by OfficialHermie, Aug 5, 2018.

1. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Hello!

I would like to try creating hair for use in HDRP.

I don't have any samples to learn from.
    The Blacksmith Hair uses its own shader, so to my knowledge I can't use this easily.

Would anybody be willing to share some basic hair example project so that I can see how it should be set up when I want to use HDRP?

Thank you very much in advance.

ps1: I have attached a screenshot of my absolutely newbie attempt of a beard hair material, but I guess it's really wrong. I guess I made quite a few mistake when I set the albedo up? If anybody is willing to tell me about them, I'd be really glad.

ps2: I know that Unity is working on a special HDRP Hair Shader variant, but I was hoping I could already use HDRP/Lit Shader along with SSS to test it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

We currently do great hair using the HDRP lit shader with anisotropy like in your screenshot. Your hair looks crappy because it is devoid of decent textures and has no normals. Fix those and the anisotropy will kick in and it'll look just like real hair, with some tweaks.

Normal map is not optional really for anisotropy.

3. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

hippocoder likes this.